Acabo de leer un post muy recomendable sobre la adicción al teléfono móvil, a sus aplicaciones, a internet. Puedes leerlo aquí en inglés.
¿Cómo sé que puedo estar “enganchado”?
El autor anota estos vicios:
- Checking my iPhone unnecessarily and walking with my head down, eyes glued to the phone
- Browsing Facebook, Twitter, and off-topic articles when I should be focused on work, especially when I am doing work that I actually enjoy
- Googling every obscure question that comes to mind without first pondering the possible answers
- Mapping myself to nearby places without using common sense first
- Watching Netflix to fall asleep
Incluyo las recomendaciones para “desengancharse” de vicio 1. Estoy seguro de que a más de uno le pueden ayudar.
- Charge the phone in a different room at night. I really disliked the whole “Wake up, roll over, clear my notifications, and then snooze” routine I was developing. Charging elsewhere helps avoid stress right before bed and distractions first thing in the morning.
- Turn off push notifications. These are rarely important and end up serving as dangerous gateways for all of the other apps on the phone.
- Sign out of Facebook and Twitter apps on my phone. The friction of having to sign in makes those 1-2 minute rushes of social media doses harder to indulge.
- Lock your phone / change your auto-lock to 1 minute. If my phone screen is lit up, I want to look at it. It’s hard to ignore. Locking your phone and letting the screen go black will make it easier to ignore than a bright screen with all of those shiny app icons.
- Leave the phone in the work bag. Urgent calls are rare and my bag is just as safe as my pocket. Turn the sound on for calls if you need.
- Add a passcode. The additional friction is enough to dissuade me from unlocking the phone sometimes, or at least buys me enough time to realize that I’m distracting myself.
- Limit “good” reasons for needing to use my phone. For example, I used to listen to music on my walk to work. But my desire to change the song would quickly lead from scrolling a playlist to browsing my Facebook feed. So I have decided that, if I can’t just stick to whatever Spotify decides to play, I will not listen to music on my walk at all.